This document describes the Cylon development method and how to contribute to it by choosing development ideas.
We have a weekly Cylon meeting using Zoom at Every Sunday 12 pm EST. The link to the Zoom meeting is shown below.
The development discussions are happening in the following channels.
- Slack channel - For quick questions about development issues.
- Google groups - For user questions
- Github Issues & Pull Requests - For discussing development and design issues
We use the standard Github pull request model for developing. We don’t develop on the main Github repository and always use a fork of the repository to develop.
Here is our rough workflow.
- Fork the Cylon Github
- Create a branch in your for for the development
- Develop the feature, fix the bug etc
- Add documentation and test cases
- Create a pull request
- Once a pull request is created, one or two reviewers will be assigned.
- Work with the reviewers to merge the pull request into the main branch.
New development ideas are listed in the Github project.
If you are interested in contributing, you can choose an issue and put your interest in it by commenting on it. A Cylon developer will join you to help getting started.